I think this is a con,

HondaMan 21:19 19 Sep 2006

what do you think?

"Hello,

We want to offer you a job. Part time job consists of receiving payment from customers (bank transfer) and making further payments to our main office or to one of our regional affiliate departments, depending on the customer's location. It should not take more that 4 hours per week. Agent's commission is 8% from each transaction (for instance: you receive 2000 GBP to your bank account, you will withdraw the money and keep 160 GBP for yourself.
All transfer and further money transfer related charges are also covered and paid by our company. So You'll be responsible just for making proper payments in time (24 hrs. since the successful receipt). Each transaction will be transferred only after prior notification and sometimes after a notification phone call.

If you are interested in our offer, please visit our website click here

Best regards,
HR Department
click here"

Comments?

terryf 21:21 19 Sep 2006

Yeah, you will probably find that the payment in doesn't eventually get cleared and you will have passed the money on from'effectively' your own funds.

Fred Heartsun 21:34 19 Sep 2006

It`s a scam. Check out this forum for more info.

click here

Stuartli 22:19 19 Sep 2006

The range of jobs and careers I could take up in this manner are almost endless - the only problem is that I have to pass on my personal banks details to be able to be employed by such generous people.

It's quite a job deciding that I'm absolutely not bothered about missing out on such financial inducements.....:-))

Forum Editor 22:47 19 Sep 2006

have received that email, and I hope that all of them have deleted it.

g0slp 09:22 20 Sep 2006

That 419eater site's a corker.

I haven't the 'cojones' to do what some of the wind-up merchants do though...

As the FE points out, there've been a lot of recipients, but whilst the gullible and greedy continue to respond to such things, then the scammers will carry on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?