I need a new mouse.

Forum Editor 18:25 16 Aug 2006

My 'day to day' version (not the customised, hand-tooled, solid silver model that I use to delete threads), has decided that its clicking days are almost over.

I like the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer, so I thought a simple replacement would be in order. Browsing, I came across the wireless version, but my goodness, hasn't the price shot up since my last purchase? click here

What do you think, should I buy a couple while I'm at it?

phoenix198 18:30 16 Aug 2006

Are you sure that isn't the customised, hand tooled, solid silver one ????

mammak 18:31 16 Aug 2006

Two or three at least FE wow at that price I would think there is little you would need to do yourself lol because that there mouse must do it all for you.

VoG II 18:36 16 Aug 2006

Well it does say Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer *Platinum* 45 Pack...

sidecar sid 18:40 16 Aug 2006

Perhaps a new keyboard is also in order.
click here

oresome 18:44 16 Aug 2006

"What do you think, should I buy a couple while I'm at it?"

I'd advise at least three to take advantage of the price break discount

SB23 18:48 16 Aug 2006

Wow, it does say at the bottom, "the more you buy, the more you save!".
I need a new mouse, you can always send me one,lol.

Forum Editor 19:01 16 Aug 2006

which mouse is the absolute best?

I don't need bells & whistles for forum work, just two buttons and a scroll wheel - and it must be wired, I can't stand wireless mice/keyboards. Your recommendations would be appreciated; as I said, I've been using the wired Intellimouse, and it has been a good experience. My mouse takes a fair old bashing, as you can imagine, so durability comes high on the list of essentials.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:17 16 Aug 2006

Is this one for each hand?

SG Atlantis® 19:24 16 Aug 2006

Heaven help us if the FE can't choose a mouse for himself, what's your day job again?

:P

Just kidding FE and I think I'm about to find out it isn't the silver one that's broken :(

the MX518 is the bestest mouse I ever used. All though it's branded a "gamer" mouse it's excellent and well built. It takes a right bashing about 12hrs plus per day in here.

Plus, Logitech are the world number one!

SB23 19:24 16 Aug 2006

I was looking at this for my replacement.
Any good?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?