I need help contacting BT Urgently

ened 10:59 18 Mar 2014
Answered

My aged parent has been without a telephone since before the weekend.

He is ill and lives in an isolated place but BT will not repair his telephone until Thursday.

I spent yesterday attempting to get them to make it a priority and eventually some sing-song voice from India assured me it would be done.

This morning the message is that it will be done on Thursday.

I am unable to contact anybody in BT other than India and the operators say complaints must be in writing.

I urgently need a direct dial number in order to escalate this job!

Can anyone help?

spuds 11:38 18 Mar 2014
Answer

Its worked for me in the past.Look for BT in the listing, then contact their CEO direct click here

ened 11:57 18 Mar 2014

Thanks spuds

I have fired off an email

morddwyd 20:22 18 Mar 2014

Tip for the future for anyone in a similar position - make sure you register vulnerable persons before the emergency arises, not after.

We are registered as "Vulnerable" with BT, Scottish Gas, Scottish Water and the Fire Service, who have details of our fire plan and know exactly which window to come to to rescue my wife.

spuds 20:29 18 Mar 2014

Its perhaps a good idea to get registered on the various schemes, but take caution that some of those administering the scheme, might not be fully reliable at times of need.

My dual fuel supplier runs such a scheme, but on occasions of requirement, I found them wanting or unsure.

ened 06:48 19 Mar 2014

morddwyd That is very good advice. But I didn't know it was necessary because I have two other parents (My mother and & father-in-law),who live in isolated spots also, and on both the occasions they have had a problem I have spoken to people in the UK who have resolved their issues the same day.

On this occasion all I got was : " I'm very sorry but it cannot be prioritised because we need 7 days notice". They refused to put me through to the UK,and when I dialled 100 I found it didn't seem possible to circumvent the system and I became very frustrated. In the end on Monday some nearly illiterate Indian promised me it would be repaired 'within 30 hours'. However I was not really surprised that when I woke yesterday morning and checked on progress I was told it would be repaired on Thursday 20.

I used the page spuds gave me to write to the MD and it was resolved really quickly. That is all very well but it shouldn't have been necessary and if every customer did that it would be ridiculous.

wiz-king 08:57 19 Mar 2014

morddwyd I hope you have updated the fire-service et al re your wife. I would hate a fireman to get injured trying to rescue her as she is no longer at your address.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone