I had a sneak preview

Forum Editor 00:25 28 Jul 2006

of a new portable Skype phone today. Just the job for using all around the house - if you have a wireless network - or in a wireless hotspot.

I've seen other portables, but this one's a real little beauty. It's by Belkin, and should be available here, in the UK quite soon.

recap 09:52 28 Jul 2006

Do you know of any online reviews on this item please?

Curio 19:17 28 Jul 2006

I do not want to appear a Black-Catter, but my son has just got a Skype Phone/Mouse. USB connected and Flips open for the phone. Reason - he keeps misplacing his portable Skype phone. I think it is by Sony.

Kate B 22:21 28 Jul 2006

You run a risk of losing any cordless phone, Curio!

DieSse 22:33 28 Jul 2006

I use a perfectly normal cordless phone, along with a SiP enabled router.

In conjunction with Gizmo, this gives a wider range of free calls than Skype, some really neat telephone facilities including some that Skype doesn't have, doesn't need a computer - and if you do use Gizmo via a computer there's no peer-to-peer software involved (unlike Skype).

And because SiP is an open-source, non-proprietary format, there is access into many other SiP systems.

click here

Interestingly, Gizmo is on the new Nokia 770 click here and click here

Forum Editor 23:06 28 Jul 2006

but this one is particularly neat; it has a very nice colour screen, and offers two security options - WPA and WPA2 with PSK support, with 802.11b/g compatibility.

There won't be any online reviews - the phone's not yet in the UK - but I have asked for a review sample, and I'll let you know when I have it.

Sapins 10:07 29 Jul 2006

Why use a "Skype" phone when you can use your ordinary phone with click here You only need to connect on the computer via your account, your phone rings, you pick it up, wait till the person answers and from then on it's just like making an ordinary call on your household phone.

I registered for viopCheap, same company, so I'm using up the credit I have, costs me 3p per call, unlimited time.

Daibus 10:57 29 Jul 2006

File.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?