Is http://www.cheap-software-megastore.com a SCAM?

theDarkness 18:04 06 May 2007

Is click here
a scam or does it get around rules due to selling from a certain country or other?

It sells £300 OEM music software at £20 each, for example, yet does not state clearly if the software comes with the key to use software fully (from the site "Read HOW_TO_INSTALL.TXT or INSTALL.TXT or SERIAL.TXT.").

powerless 18:22 06 May 2007

Scam, Con., To good to be true, wouldn't touch it with a barge.....

The Brigadier 18:23 06 May 2007

A USA site designed probably for the USA market.
Software may not be valid in UK!

hzhzhzhz 18:28 06 May 2007
  theDarkness 18:37 06 May 2007

hmmmmlol.. did a bit more searching...
click here
click here
click here

either located in city road, london (if there is one) and/or russia. most of the software can be bought off the original manufacturers website at 10x the price. id doubt thered b any compatibility probs with uk pcs, that is, if you ever got the software from the cheap store.

i was just surprised how far up the list it was with "cheap megastore" into google (third) so this russian/londoner must be making a fortune. :O

theDarkness 18:49 06 May 2007

ps ill say russian since the english isnt amazing on its faq! lol think ill avoid this one then

Totally-braindead 18:50 06 May 2007

Con.

theDarkness 18:54 06 May 2007

oh dear was searching for a cheap copy of other software and ellsworthband.com popped up... looks surprisingly similar if you click here

what do u think?! lolaargh :(

theDarkness 19:03 06 May 2007

did another search and what popped up was a page in a business forum which had me editing a post describing how great ellsworthband.com was, and I didnt have to login (have never even registered!)

very strange- click here

so whatever you do dont just click submit! or youll be promoting the site! i added my own message instead ... click here

rickf 13:34 07 May 2007

Don't know if this is a scam, probably is. Won't touch it with barge pole. However, City Road does exists. It just off Angel Tube in Islington, London

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?