hp support

i simply cannot believe this, i emailed hp on friday to ask if i could buy a new motherboard for my compaq pc, i got an automated supply saying they aim to reply with one hour.
now it's a sunday so i was surprised to see an e-mail from them, 2 days/ 1 hour whatever! i started to read it, and it appologised for the delay and told me the fan settings in my bios were for the cpu and not the case..............
i swear this is true, this e-mail is a response to a question i asked them.......... in january!!!

sooo, im not going to hold my breath waiting for a reply to the mobo enquiry .

first class service, im sure you'll agree!

laurie53 19:36 17 Jun 2007

I've been using HP products for a number of years, and always found their support second to none, but over the last six months or so it has deteriorated rapidly.

They are now no better, and in some cases a lot worse, than many others.

One would almost suspect the hand of private equity!

Laurie

J B 10:52 18 Jun 2007

I was having trouble with my HP c3180 printer and I emailed them as you do and within 30 minutes got a reply from their tech department (yes it was a human response) and suggested three possible fixes for my problem. None worked and within 2 hours I received another email that did fix the problem after I gave them more detail as to the nature of the problem. I think that was good service. J.B.

robbiepaul79 11:08 18 Jun 2007

Have to admit i personally found them to be quite poor yet i dont have much time for scripted non UK based call centers, also found there email support to be a bit copy paste as well.

Yet i got my problem solved in the end but dont think ill ever purchase and HP/Compaq products in the future if it can be helped.

spuds 11:57 18 Jun 2007

I have used HP Support either by their direct chat-line or email link. Like JB it was for a new HP C3180. The chat-line was a very long drawn out affair, which didn't resolve the issues. The email support was slightly different,it was prompt and various solutions and links were provided. Eventually I gave up, because it would appear that the C3180 as a known problem with downloading certain website script.

I suppose the answer is there, just a case of finding it!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?