HP still haven't sent out laptop

Willzza 20:18 07 Feb 2011

I bought a HP Compaq Presario CQ56-110SA Notebook PC from the HP online store on Christmas day. However more than a month later it still has not arrived.
I contacted HP on the 12th January to enquire where the laptop was and was told that the laptop would be sent on the Friday 14th, it was not.
When I rang up the following week I was told that the courier (City Link) had lost the package, the operator then promised to send a new one out. I rang up a couple of days later to see where it was, and found they had not sent one out. The operator promised to email me when they sent one out that day, they did not. The next week I rang up every day and was told several times that there was a back log of laptops to send out and they would escalate the claim. Each time, they promised to send the package out and email me that day when they did so, they did not .
Eventually I spoke to someone with more information. They explained that as I had not contacted them to say the laptop had not been delivered within fourteen days of placing the order, it was not the responsibility of the logistics team. They then said they had sent an email to their supervisor who was sorting the problem out. Again after hearing nothing I rang HP and was told that the supervisor had contacted the relevant department at HPs office in Glasgow, and was still waiting for a reply which should either come that day or the next. A week later I still have no laptop and no contact from HP to say when the laptop will arrive.
Please help me!!

BRYNIT 20:32 07 Feb 2011

Personaly after this time I would just cancel the order.

spuds 22:39 07 Feb 2011

Consumer Direct click here

Forum Editor 23:30 07 Feb 2011

You have a choice - either you wait for your laptop which will I am sure, arrive eventually, or you cancel the order on the basis that the supplier has failed to supply the goods within 30 days of the date of your order.

If you decide to cancel you must do so in writing (email is fine), and bear in mind that the law allows HP a maximu of 28 days within which to refund your card account.

In such circumstances you need to make a judgement; which course of action will get you the laptop you want in the shortest time - waiting for the delivery or waiting for the refund.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017