HP Printer Selection

SURVEY 16:52 31 Aug 2006

I presently have an HP Deskjet 815C that has performed very well for a long time. Previous HP printers that I have had have also been excellent.

The 815C does all that I want it to with the exception of being able to print borderless photos. I haev been looking at the HP DJ5940 presently on offer from PCW for just under £60. Has anyone any feedback on this printer?

961 19:22 31 Aug 2006

The printer was available at MicroDirect for £47 but is now out of stock, perhaps because it has been replaced by a newer model

You will be hard pressed to buy a rubbish HP printer these days. Have a look at the HP web site to find what spec you want and then trawl the internet for best value and reviews from magazines such as pcpro, computer shopper etc.

Recently replaced models give exceptional value but give attention to the type of ink cartridge the printer takes. Some can use twin pack high quantity cartridges which bring ink costs down quite radically

If you need a scanner copier printer all in one job I can recommend the HP2575 @ around £100. If you don't need these additional features you need to decide if you are mainly looking for quality photo printing or everyday work. If the latter then £40/£50 should provide all you need

SURVEY 09:33 01 Sep 2006

961. I note that PCW do still stock the 5940 but this may well therefore be an end of line. At present PCW do not list an equivalent to indicate this however. I shall look at the HP site. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache