hp printer problems whos responsible

polish 19:30 10 Apr 2008

i purchased a hp all in one beginning of january but it now has developed a fault in which the paper constantly jams (good paper) also i can click clean ink nozzles without paper in machine and will report done was wondering who should i contact for a repair or replacment currys or hp themselves

Forum Editor 19:37 10 Apr 2008

back to the retailer.

Totally-braindead 19:38 10 Apr 2008

Currys.

polish 19:48 10 Apr 2008

can i ask for refund or exchange or are they likley to offer a repair

laurie53 20:42 10 Apr 2008

Check first that there's not a small corner of paper jammed in the feed path.

This has happened to me twice with HP printers, really small pieces, about 3 or 4 mm.

If you take it back without clearing a previous jam you may get charged.

Ashrein 22:49 10 Apr 2008

I had a similar problem with my HP All-in-one Model 2575.I found the following page click here on the HP website and this suggests that certain models have a problem with paper jams,see section 2 on this link.
I contacted HP direct but they would not do anything as my printer was 1 month out of warranty.Hope this helps.

HondaMan 09:40 11 Apr 2008

Look here for your rights click here

polish 16:51 11 Apr 2008

sorry iam a bit late getting back work gets in the way of everything i have found the receipt and the little leaflet that came with it states that after 28 days they will only offer a repair seems wrong after only 4mths and not alot of use iam going to phone currys support i will post back later

polish 17:33 11 Apr 2008

after speaking to currys had to speak to hp as they deal with things under first year warranty now seems to be ok after pressing some buttons to clear the machine and reset very strange.i did have some recycled cartridges in the machine and i do wonder if this has caused the problem.
thanks as always for advice.

tullie 17:50 11 Apr 2008

As has been said,contract is with Currys,they are passing the buck,glad that all is now well.

Forum Editor 18:32 11 Apr 2008

if you tell them that you've used third-party ink cartridges.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?