HP inkjet mechanisms

Wilham 17:52 09 Aug 2003

I had an Epsom stylus printhead blockage just after the warranty, -found it was cheaper to buy a new printer, so switched to HP inkjets. One at a time I've got through three; the third is/was an 1175C, bit bulky but v good m/c until, like its HP predecessors, it failed electrically.
I don't throw things away and all 3 HP's have been part dissembled looking for diy repair,..no luck so now in an attic.
First two were brutes to get into (2nd was an 895C, forget first) and easier with a tin-opener. The 1175C was get-at-able, but took time. I looked at the switched mode power supply (smps). The smps's date back to BBC micro years(later models).
To repair this power printd circuit board I need the set-up voltages before assembly. I'm keen to know if this info can be found.
Two things have prompted me to look again at the 1175C. (i) My new HP2210 gets thro' carts quick (56, 57,58),- ink more pricy.
(ii) Info on HP carts is now public via US patent office and helpful site click here
I need to remind that smps is not live mains isolated. May be reason smaller printers were made hard to get into.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?