HP go green ?

Belatucadrus 17:23 09 Jul 2003

So HP want our empty cartridges click here , they aren't going to give any incentive for returning cartridges, nor even pay postage. When retailers like Choice will give £3 credit for an empty and there are so many companies chucking out post paid envelopes and promising donations to assorted charities for every return, forgive me if I don't see the point, do HP want the project to fail ?

barrie_g 18:13 09 Jul 2003

"do HP want the project to fail ? " quite probably just think of the money they will save, whilst still being able to say that they promote returning empty cartridges.

Belatucadrus 19:54 09 Jul 2003

The other thought is that every cartridge they can " break down into component materials " is one less to be sold by a recycler. Thus reducing the quantity of cartridges the competition has to work with while the consumer foots the bill, or are we being too cynical ?

Probably not.

Aristocatman 20:32 09 Jul 2003

That's a pretty pathetic effort by HP at the price we pay for a mouses piddle of ink they must be joking! most recyclers ink is just as good as HP & you get a free return envelope all for a much lower price. I use the ink factory .com (no connection) & although the delivery can be a bit slow occasionally depending on stock the ink is fine no problems & cheaper. US Cynical Nah!

H-J 22:16 09 Jul 2003

...so I don't give a stuff, but I do have a nifty little pen I blagged from an official HP demonstrator quite a while back and I must say in all fairness that it is still going strong on the original mouse piddle of ink.

The thing that I have picked up on from the article is that the location of the recycling plant remains a secret. For gods sake, why?

Hugh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?