HP DV9605 PAVILLION any good?

gtg 23:14 26 Dec 2007

Hi guys not been on the forum for ages but was just looking for a bit of advice.Ive just seen this HP DV9605 PAVILLION for sale with £200 of at £499 and wondered if any one has one or can tell me if there any good.Much appreciated!

My father has aked me to look at it for him too. There appears to be a few variants of the DV9605 which you can find from the HP (UK) website, but I can't find out the spec of the components such the hard drive speed etc. For this sort of money though, I'd say it is good value; a reasonably quick processor, dedicated graphics (making gaming more viable) a 17" screen, plenty of hard disc and memory. I think I'll recommend to my Dad anyway!

muarrif 18:50 27 Dec 2007

The HP Pavilion comes in 5 different veriants:
» HP Pavilion dv9605ea Notebook PC
» HP Pavilion dv9605ef Notebook PC
» HP Pavilion dv9605em Notebook PC
» HP Pavilion dv9605eo Notebook PC
» HP Pavilion dv9605tx Notebook PC

I am only assuming that EA is the lowest model and TX is the highest as HP site is not too clear about these and their differences. However the specs from this notebook seem good and sale price is decent for what you get. I guess you could always change the hard drive for a faster one.
I have recomended this to a friend who was looking for a laptop for his new business. Although the dedicated graphics card does help the ocasional gaming.

muarrif 19:47 27 Dec 2007

The main difference is between the dv9605tx model as the rest are almost same.
HP Pavilion dv9605tx has more memory better processor and 500GB hard drive. It also has a better screen. Not to mention it comes complete with a remote control and infrared port built in.
As far as I can tell the PC World model is EM model and has Athlon 64 X2 TK55 processor with NVIDIA GeForce 7150M graphics card but TX comes with NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS.

With all that said EM is still good enough for £499. There was no information available for EA models so I would try to avoid the EA.

macajr 20:49 27 Dec 2007

I was also interested in this same laptop. by any chance did you know if it was wireless enabled?

gtg 02:12 28 Dec 2007

I bought it and am very impressed it seems smooth and relatively fast too.Nice to look at and i got a remote control too!It is wireless enabled with built in webcam and the NVIDIA GeForce 7150M.I would advise this to anyone for that kind of money you would be pushed to get better.Thanks for advice and opinions as usual

muarrif 05:38 28 Dec 2007

gtg -
Did you buy the laptop from PC World?
Can you please confirm if it is dv9605em or other.
Many Thanks

pammi 14:51 28 Dec 2007

Hi, I am looking to buy one.

Does anyone know what the battery life & weight is?

Thanks in advance

bludy el 16:25 28 Dec 2007

order 2 of these from pc world ,thurs 27 dec..2mb cache advertised..only 256mb actually loaded.if box opened will not refund .so ask spec in store

Also advertised with NVIDIA GeFORCE 7510m dedicated graphics card, they've now downgraded spec on their web page to..intel 128mb only,shared graphics card.
offer £499,but on dixons site (same company)type in code,JAN10 ,and get £10 discount to £489.but go to pc world qoute this to get same discount,as tech support same but direct,and can speak to them as apposed to being collected/corrected..up to 21 days!

bludy el 16:33 28 Dec 2007

www1.hp.com..go to technical support..type in, hp pavillion dv9605tx notebookpc specifications.click on product ,this gives full spec on tx model.This is higher spec i think than ones advertised on dixons,comet,currys,pc world(all same company)but gives good general info on item and something to arm yourself with before going for these offers....hope this helps

EX3CUT1ON 16:49 28 Dec 2007

Is there anywere that is still selling it with the NVIDIA GeFORCE 7510m dedicated graphics card opposed to the Intel 128MB shared UMA Graphics card? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?