HP cash back

Aspman 15:18 11 May 2007

I bought an HP laptop back in March. Part of the appeal was £100 cash back from HP which made the lappy a very good deal.

I duly sent off for my cash back and was emailed quite soon to say it had been approved and would be sent out in 28 days.
42 days later I'd heard nothing so I emailed them back asking what was going on. I got email apology quite quickly and was told it would be sent out ion 10 working days.
That was about 3 weeks ago. I've fired off another email but I was wondering if anyone else had had problems getting money back from HP. The deal was running on laptops, desktops and printers (might still be running).

Any idea at what point I should start to get a bit more pushy? I'm not sure where I stand with this since it isn't exactly a purchase.

spuds 16:20 11 May 2007

Lexmark had a similar cash-back offer of £20.00 on certain printers, I got a cheque for £20.00 within three weeks, from the day I returned the voucher and the printer receipt.Printer receipt was also returned with the cheque.

pj123 18:07 11 May 2007

I have never understood this "cash back" system.

Why can't you buy the item less the amount of Cash Back?

Why do you have to pay (say £300) and get £100 cash back. Why can't you just pay £200 in the first place.

BigAl127 21:10 11 May 2007

I'm not sure of how the HP cashback offer works, but with mobile phone contracts it's because most people don't bother claiming the cash back.

I was on a mobile phone contract, where you had to send a claim form, with each of your 3rd, 6th and 9th phone bills. With all the cash back claimed it made my monthly line rental £4.99 per month for the 1st year.

I asked the guy in the shop, why they didn't just charge £4.99 in the first place. His reply was that on average only around 6% (yes that's six per cent) of customers claimed the cash back.

Don't know whether people just can't be bothered, or lose track of when\how to claim, or just lose the necessary paperwork.

Dipso 16:47 14 May 2007

I bought a monitor which qualified for this cashback. I got the confirmation email on 15 March and the cheque finally arrived in the post on Saturday 12 May.

I think these offers were more popular than they had expected and they have been overwhelmed with the cashback claims. I'm sure it will come through for you though.

Aspman 19:09 14 May 2007

True to form the cheque turned up on Saturday

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?