HP 6735s Laptop - Ebuyer.com

Xeuim 12:12 10 Feb 2009

Hi Guys

I am looking at getting a new laptop to replace the aged rock that is my current laptop. I found this one online at ebuyer.com and it seems to tick alot of the boxes for me. But is there something wrong with this I am missing, as it suffers slightly from "too good to be true". Spec's below;

Name: HP 6735s Laptop
Cost: £439.99 inc VAT and next day delivery
Processor: AMD TurionTM X2 Dual-Core Mobile 2.1-GHz

Memory: 4GB 800DDR2 2DM (No Spare slots)

Drives: 250GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400RPM
HP 3D DriveGuard Protection

Graphics Card: Intergrated Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3200 512MB

Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium

Display: 15.4-inch diagonal WXGA

Audio: High Definition Audio support, Integrated stereo speakers, Integrated microphone, Stereo headphone/line out, Stereo microphone in

Networking: Broadcom 802.11b/g, 56K Modem 10/100 NIC, Bluetooth 2.0, SD Card Reader

Input Devices: Keyboard 101/102-key compatible keyboard, Integrated numeric keypad, Touchpad with scroll zone, Two pick buttons, Webcam

Power
External 65-watt Smart AC adapter, 6-foot (1.8 meter) power cord included. Total length including external AC adapter is 12 feet (3.66 meter). HP Fast Charge

I would like it to play HL2, Diablo 3 mainly (though I accept my desktop wont do Diablo 3 justice so I very much doubt this will). But be good if my brother can run his games, WoW and Dawn of War on it too, not sure about how the graphics stack up. Anyway thoughts most welcome

Thanks
Mark

curofone 20:25 10 Feb 2009

To be honest this was a good deal a month back when this machine was priced at £389.99 but now it has gone up by £50 i am not too sure, just looking on the pcworld website you can find hp, dell and acer machines with similar specs cheaper.

Laptop seem to be going up in price at the moment and i did read a report at the end of last year that predicted that laptop would increase in price during the first quarter of this year and that seems to be the way things are going.

Personally if I was you I would stick with your old laptop for a bit longer until the prices start to drop again (assuming that they will) and keep an eye out in all the normal places as there are bound to be some too good to be true offers on at some point

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?