HP

PalaeoBill 00:14 14 Jul 2010

Having recently bought an all-in-one laser/scanner/fax to make a smaller footprint in the home office (and finally resolved a networking problem with it), my old work horse HP Laserjet 5 has become redundant.

I was wondering about what to do with it, perhaps sell it or donate to someone and I suddenly realized just how old it is. We bought it in 1995 and it has not had a quiet life. It was a proper office printer for the first 5 years before I brought it home and its not exactly been twiddling its thumbs here.

It is in perfect working order and looks as good as it did when it was new. Well done HP. I don't have the words to express just how good a job I think you did.

wiz-king 08:17 14 Jul 2010

I evicted ours few months ago as it was mis-feeding paper - the office looks bigger now!

spuds 12:23 14 Jul 2010

I have a very old HP OfficeJet 960 all in one that is still occasionally churning out stuff, mainly because its still working and compatibles ink cartridges are still available.

But having said that, I also have a fairly new HP Photosmart C3180 all in one, which I have had to destined to the spare cupboard. Had a fault which HP customer services eventually gave up on (not very good!). That particular model as now been replaced by a Brother DCP-135C.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires