HP

Momokichi 07:19 04 Feb 2006

Would peopoe generally recommend HP (for reliability and support mainly)?

Diodorus Siculus 08:11 04 Feb 2006

Reliability - yes, their printers seem to go on forever.

Support - they have a very good site.

wiz-king 08:16 04 Feb 2006

There is nothing I like less than talking to HP support even talking to a brick wall makes more sense. The support centre staff have a computer generated list of questions that seems to go on for ever before getting to the point where I am getting to the reason I called.
The help given is good and when they finally decide that there is a problem the repairs have alway been done on a two or three day turn round. It is just a shame that it takes so long to get to that stage. I have about 20 HPs used in a business environment and all the problems I had were in the first couple of months and were fixed under warranty. After the first few month the HPs ran without any problems for four years and were only replaced because it was not cost effective to upgrade them to XP. I now have Dell computers and have not had to use their support yet so cannot say whether that is any different, I think that it is a common thing with the phone support that the first person you talk to is a computer.

wiz-king 08:28 04 Feb 2006

On reaeding you other post about Dell, I agrree it is nor easy to choose a computer from Dell. It is better to use the website to sort out what you want and order online. you may be better of to get a factory reworked one from the Dell shop.
Or a factory reworked HP from click here

spuds 11:21 04 Feb 2006

I have a HP 590 OfficeJet all-in-one. Purchased about eight/ten years ago,never been a bit of bother, and still working well to this day,that should speak for realibility.And the best thing is the print cartridges are still available, both originals or compatibles.

ade.h 14:47 04 Feb 2006

Reliability; mines not gone wrong yet. Rated very highly in satisfaction surveys.

Support; only had to use it once. Wasn't even a solely HP problem - 3G card - but Vodafone was useless. HP support was excellent and and included proactive follow-up. Sorted the problem too.

ade.h 14:48 04 Feb 2006

Should read "mine's".

Stuartli 16:29 04 Feb 2006

My best mate uses an HP 890C for his business and it has never missed a beat, apart from the time that not one but two original HP cartridges proved to be faulty. Both were quickly replaced by the seller.

He found very early on that using compatibles was not a good idea with the 890C.

S5W 19:35 04 Feb 2006

My HP officejet d145 all in one has been going faultlessly for four years, the feed rollers need an occasional clean and I always use HP consumables. When it finaly collapses I shall replace it with another HP product. 'Better the devil you know' sort of attitude.

J B 20:41 06 Feb 2006

I have a Pavilion zv5323ea laptop and a very basic HP printer hp5740. I had to call on HP tech support two different times with the laptop for software related glitches and recieved first class treatment each time. In future I will continue to buy HP prducts including consumables as they are very good products. J.B.

rmcqua 21:17 06 Feb 2006

I dealt, for many years, with HP in the area of manufacturing quality assurance at several of their manufacturing sites worldwide.
Their approach to product quality and customer satisfaction was exemplary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone