How to you store your phone while wearing a backpack?

addictedtoink 23:07 11 Feb 2015

Hello ladies and gents! I'm looking for a backpack to use daily and while travelling, and it occurred to me that a backpack with a pouch on the strap would be very handy for storing my mobile phone so I won't have to take the pack of each time I need to access the phone. I've been searching online for a few weeks but so far have found very few backpacks that offer such a feature. I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions regarding a pouch (not a drawstring sack) for a phone that I could clip/connect to a backpack strap? Or a backpack that offers such a feature? Any help would be much appreciated.

BRYNIT 01:35 12 Feb 2015

Something you could connect to a backpack strap CLICK HERE

john bunyan 15:51 12 Feb 2015

The problem with such an "extra" is that I could envisage a thief standing behind you on, e.g, an underground train who could simply detach it. I would suggest wearing it on a belt on your hip . I have a belt that takes a water bottle, a camera, and a mobile pouch (all needed without having to open rucksack). You can get belts with quick release buckles and pouches such as this.

Military folk often use such belts to carry emergency items in case a rucksack has to be "ditched" - not needed in your case but I really think a belt with items you want to keep close is better than a rucksack "add on"

Belt bag

Batch 17:34 13 Feb 2015

I got one of these (for my Moto G).

As well as the neck strap, it includes a belt loop on the back of the pouch. I chose this one as it was about the thinest/lightest one I could find, whilst still being strong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?