How to Order a Monitor.

shaduf 22:19 17 Jul 2006

I am looking for a 19" TFT monitor. Naturally, I look in the buyers guide in the back of PCA.
The Philips 190X6FB has been the best buy since May so that is obviously the one to go for. However, the only suppliers I can find on the net are Savastore, and I don't think I dare risk them and Komplett who don't have them in stock and had a dodgy website last week.
I emailed Philips and asked where I could buy the product and their response was
"Unfortunately, we do not have this information. I can only advise you to look at the following website to find a retailer in your area or to find an online-shop." Can you believe it?
The website is Philips own site which is where I started, as it invites you to email them for details of dealers.!
Surely, the demand for 19" monitors must be huge and the one that PCA give as tops for the last five months must have loads of people wanting it.
How come Philips don't know who has them and the only two dealers on the web are well, how do you put it, not the first ones you would think of buying from.

Anybody managed to buy this monitor and if so where from and is it good.

Harpur 22:37 17 Jul 2006

go to price runner and enter in the product number. by the way komplett only had server trouble and are a very reputable company. kit appears that these are the only companies selling this lcd. i would also look at the viewsonic range. click here

terryf 22:59 17 Jul 2006

Have a look at 19" GNR monitor MS191D-A1, I have just bought one, their support is good, 2 year swap warranty

Stuartli 23:44 17 Jul 2006

My youngest offspring bought the 19in Ag Neovo F413 from Microdirect about four months ago at a price of just under £190 four months ago.

It's now dropped in price to £156 including VAT:

click here

It's a cracking monitor and he's delighted with it (he's an IT support consultant with one of the UK's biggest employers), so it's a useful reference.

Apart from the price, one of the key factors is that it comes with a DVI cable, which on its own would cost around £20.

spuds 23:47 17 Jul 2006

Put the search details in the following websites, and see if they can find the product and stockist Dealtime click here Pricegrabber click here Pricerunner click here Might be worth a try!.

Nelly160763 08:04 18 Jul 2006

If it's of any use to you Shaduf,I bought a Samsung 930BF 19in" Monitor earlier this year, again my choice was aided by P.C.Advisors Jan Edition(?). I've never looked back.
If you'd like to see the full spec & price on it?Let me know mate & I'll email it to you, no probs.
Nelly.

PS: Unless you already know, I'd steer well clear of `dabs.com' they've got to be the worst site on the net mate.

Stuartli 08:53 18 Jul 2006

I've been dealing with Dabs since 1988 - during that time I've only had one problem with the company, which was eventually resolved.

So your PS statement is too sweeping to be taken literally.

GRFT 08:53 18 Jul 2006

Komplett has just informed me that the Philips monitor will not now be in stock until July 20 (previously July 13.)

rmcqua 10:49 18 Jul 2006

Yes, buy a Samsung and enjoy everything the Philips has plus availability !

wee eddie 13:13 18 Jul 2006

Dabs built me a PC in '96 and I have dealt with them frequently since then and the only problem I ever had was a duplicated order, my fault, which they sorted without too much hastle.

I would recommend that shaduf include them in his search list

BERNIERES 13:28 18 Jul 2006

Highly recommend dabs.com --> 17" monitors for under £100, or 19" for under £120.

Dabs, far from being the worst site on the net, offer great service - dunno what Nelly's on about!

I had faulty RAM and they changed it, no hassle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?