how to maintain up to date drivers for Windows 10?

S5W 13:04 19 Feb 2016

I wish to keep my various drivers fully up to date. Which way is best please.

rdave13 15:33 19 Feb 2016

Good information here.

alanrwood 15:52 19 Feb 2016

Not sure I completely agree with what is contained in the link. I have used IOBit Driver Booster for a couple of years without any problems and it seems to do a pretty effective job. It is also free but watch out for the installation program as you need to remove the tick that installs Advanced System Care or something else.

robin_x 16:39 19 Feb 2016

The traditional advice to "leave your drivers alone", unless to fix something, seems to have fallen out of fashion, even by Microsoft.

Shame. It's good advice. Unnecessary upgrades can lead to BSODs and problems booting.

Creating regular Restore Points and System Images can protect against problems.

Double Driver allows easy additional backup of MS and 3rd Party drivers.

=-=-=-=

When needs must, I've always found DriverMax Free to be OK.

putorjuy 07:31 12 May 2016

Keep the drivers up-to-date, you can try to use two ways. 1. Try to enter the official website, and then see if this laptop hardware drivers is update, if yes, download them to update. 2. Try to download a software to help you scan your computer, it will remind you if your computer hardware had the new drivers, if had, it will helps you to download and update for you. I use Driver Doctor for my Alienware.

hssutton 10:49 12 May 2016

If I have a driver problem I go direct to the original source and check for updates. Over the past months I've had problems with drivers supplied by MS, as I'm sure most people have.

iscanut 18:11 12 May 2016

I would only suggest updating drivers if a particular device starts to give problems. If all is well, don't bother updating.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?