How to get tft power adaptors?

caleb2003 09:28 20 Oct 2003

I bought a sold as seen Sony SDM-S81 for a bargain price after the bloke in the Costco shop assured me that the missing power cable was not a problem and that I could use a universal adaptor.

Problem is that the thing is 12v DC and 3.8A needing 45W (not that I know what I am talking about).

Sony want £95 for one and are talking about a 6 week wait grrrr.

Is the power adaptor market all sewn up with the suppliers, because I have searched the internet and can find no-one selling these, even went to Maplin and they didn't have anything like it either.

Anyone know of a supplier?? I am getting desperate.

Stuartli 09:57 20 Oct 2003

As you were clearly misinformed when purchasing the Sony, you are entitled to get your money back; the fact that goods are sold as seen etc does not affect your rights in any way.

I would suggest to Costco that unless it is able to obtain a suitable adaptor for you at a reasonable price, you wish to return the TFT and receive a full refund.

The adaptor seems to be one of a type used for lighting displays:

click here

caleb2003 11:10 20 Oct 2003

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping to find a supplier of the adaptor as I do want the monitor.

My main beef is with the companies which are trying to charge ridiculous prices for a simple power adaptor.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?