How do I set up A Photoshop 7 to print direct

Why me 16:48 06 Apr 2005

I am using PS7 and WinXP Pro with an Epson Stylus Photo 830. In the May issue of PCA ConsumerWatch section there was an article explaining how to tweak a few settings of PS 6 to allow one to print directly to the printer rather than using PhotoQicker. If one follows the procedure with PS7 there is a snag in that only part of the Edit/Colour Settings is not there. So Conversion options and Advanced options cannot be re set.

How do I proceed?

pj123 14:45 07 Apr 2005

I don't have any problems printing direct from Photoshop 7 to any of my two printers, Epson R200 and Epson 895.

My friend also has no problem with his Epson 1290, in fact he has just won 2 first awards in a photographic competition with two direct prints from Photoshop.

I only use Photoquicker to print Index prints or if I want 4 on 1.

Just use File, Print, Properties and set up the correct paper (photo paper) and the quality you want.

pj123 14:46 07 Apr 2005

P.S. Maybe this should be in the Help Forum, not Consumerwatch?

Why me 17:09 07 Apr 2005

I have tried what you suggest and even went back hotfoot and hotheaded to PC World when it first happened having just bought the printer there. They said that I had to use P/Quicer and could not print direct. I had taken pics of my daughters baby just hours after the birth and they cam out with all teh reds especially very bright and completely unnatural. The pics printed OK using P/Quicker. However all I want to do is to print direct to a printer and not have to change peogrammes.

Why did I choose this group? because the advice about PShop6 was in this section of May issue of PCAdvisor.

If it is of any help I can reprint and scan these pics and send if you wish but will need your Email address. Promise not to send any rogue material. Hmm!!! Thinks --- that creates a problem since my/your address will appear for all to see which I personally do not like. Any ideas?

pj123 17:47 07 Apr 2005

What did you take the pictures with? A digital camera or a standard film camera?

If it was a digital camera you only need to email me one of the picture files that you should have saved on your hard disk.

Whichever way you can always email me via the yellow envelope next to my name. This doesn't show up on the Forum or anywhere else for that matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017