Hotmail ???

freaky 08:52 13 Apr 2007

Would be grateful for some information about Hotmail. I know it is another form of email but what are the benefits of using it?

Reason I am asking is that I have had Windows Live OneCare on trial, and yesterday I decided to purchase it. In order to do this I had to apply for a Live ID using Hotmail.

donki 09:18 13 Apr 2007

I would advise purchasing Windows Live Onlnie care it hasnt got the greatest of reviews on blocking threats, there was a write up in the national press a month ago. There are many other good ones ehich can be bought or you can get good cover frm free programs.

Hotmail is a great service been using it for years. You get full web based email and can be accessed anytime any where. The free version has 10mb of storage space and you can filter out any spam mail which you recieve. Also once you have a hotmail account you can use MSN which is a program which runs in windows where you can add other people, and chat in real time to them. MSN supports webcam, voice calling and skpe. Hope that helps.

donki 09:44 13 Apr 2007

Opps, that should be I wouldnt advise.

freaky 09:51 13 Apr 2007

Thanks for your reply. I have 3 PC's here and have been using Windows Live OneCare on trial since January on one of them.

I am very impressed as it has everything you need for internet security in one package. I have just paid £39 which means the other 2 PC's can have it as well at no further cost!

I know LOC has had some poor reviews as a result of AV tests, but have been assured by Microsoft that they have this in hand.

Thanks for the info on Hotmail.

donki 10:06 13 Apr 2007

I did like the all in one aspect of the program and the layout, I would consider giving it another go if the security had imporved.

No problem, happy to help.

anskyber 10:18 13 Apr 2007

Hi!

I do not use it but as I understand it the benefits are it is a web based system and therefore it is easy to access email by logging on from any PC if you are away from home.

In Vista it's called Windows Live Mail.

freaky 10:29 13 Apr 2007

brmm brmm !

Thanks anskyber.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?