Hot Evesham Quest

Richard 21:00 11 Aug 2006

I have just bought an Evesham Quest Laptop. Quite nice laptop except the area where your right hand rests while typing is above where the processor is and consequently it gets warm and in some cases hot. This happens to the point where it is uncomfortable and eventually you have to stop.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have sent it back to Evesham and they say it is normal, I believe it is a design fault and it is not useable for any period of time. None of the reviews mentioned a problem

Jimmy14 21:38 11 Aug 2006

spec of the laptop please?

Richard 22:24 11 Aug 2006

I believe it is the review model for PC Advisor reviewed July 2006

Specifications

2GHz AMD Turion MT-37; Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition; 1GB DDR RAM; 80GB hard drive; 15.4in display; 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1600; 8x/8x/8x/4x/4x/4x/4x (DVD-ROM/-R/+R/-R DL/+R DL/-RW/+RW), 24x/24x/24x (CD-ROM/-R/-RW) drive; 802.11a/b/g; Bluetooth; BullGuard Antivirus; 2-year onsite, 1-year return-to-base warranty; 358x259x33mm; 2.9kg

Jimmy14 23:44 11 Aug 2006

I thought if it was really that hot then it would probably have been a desktop processor inside if its a desktop replacement. The turion is a mobile laptop chip so it shouldn't be that hot. I am giving you the link to a very good free monitoring program called Notebook hardware control.Download, Run and post back the temperatures of your Harddisk and CPU to see if they are way too high or normal.
click here

James

Forum Editor 08:53 12 Aug 2006

No software on earth will provide you with a reliable CPU and hard drive temperature.

spuds 11:22 12 Aug 2006

If you do a Google search, you may find certain references to 'hot' laptops. In fact, this subject came up very recently about laptops bursting into flames, and people suffering burn injuries. One notable reference, was a number of incidents that occurred about 3 years ago, with one particular brand of laptop.

Richard 12:29 12 Aug 2006

The point I am trying to make is that the processor is underneath where your right hand rests when typing. The temperature of a processor can be easily 40 or 50 deg C. If that 40 or 50 deg C is right underneath yoyr hand it is at best uncomfortable and in this case too hot to type for any length of time.

Has anyone else experienced this situation or is it just the way I use the laptop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?