Home Insulation Grants. Genuine government scheme?

Armchair 19:25 27 May 2008

Got a letter and leaflet here from a firm called Keep Warm Ltd. They're offering free cavity and loft insulation, paid for by the government. Basically, you contact them and they send out an assessor, and if all's well they apply for the government grant and install the insulation.

Here's their site:-

click here

Two questions:-

1) Is it genuine, and if so, has anyone any experience of this company and these grants?

ray7 20:02 27 May 2008

Cannot comment on this firm but yes, these grants are available. I took advantage some years ago qualifying on the basis of age.

Beware the site statement 'offer only open for a limited period of time'. There are numerous firms authorised to carry out this work. Check with your Loacal Council.

ray7 20:03 27 May 2008

Even your 'LOCAL' Council!

jack 20:13 27 May 2008

British Gas sent out a leaflet inviting us participate in a Loft or Cavity Wall offer.
We went for cavity wall- An insulation firm came surveyed and did the job.
Not really a scam you pay something but it is it seems to me made to look as if your a getting a huge discount when if fact you are not/
I seem to recall the wording indicated that BG were financing the price, made to look as if you will get money back on the price quoted.
In fact the price quoted is the discounted price- something like that.
Just bear in mind Nothing is for nothing.
Do you want it done - is it as fair price?

Armchair 20:19 27 May 2008

This is upposed to be completely free. I have no intention of paying a even a penny for this work.

click here

Spark6 20:19 27 May 2008

Check out your Gas/Electric supplier. Mine, Atlantic Electric & Gas, state 'if you're over 70 you can get a full grant for cavity wall and loft insulation'. I await a visit from their appointed insulation company's surveyor.

Good luck.

ray7 20:41 27 May 2008

as far as I remember. there are cash limits applied. It depends on the cost of the work. in my own case, that cost, due to the size of the property, was LESS than the availaible grant and therefore was completely free of charge.

ray7 21:08 27 May 2008
  wiz-king 22:15 27 May 2008

I keep getting offers from firms wanting to do the cavity wall insulation in my house - if they looked at it it would be obvious that the house was built 130 years ago and any cavities would be accidental and hard to find in the flint walls!

sconedd 23:40 27 May 2008

I am disabled and on benefits, I got in touch with a company called Warm Front Team Government funded and eaga partnership their number: 0800 072 0155, their address Freepost NEA12054, Newcastle-upon-Tyne NE2 1BR. I found them very helpful, and they told me I could have a new boiler and new loft insulation. They were excellent, clean and expert in their work. I was suspicious at first but the surveyor was very helpful and he put my mind at rest. Hope this helps. I am not advertising the company, but letting you know of my experience with this type of government scheme. If I have broken any forum rules I am sorry. Sconedd.

Horik 08:49 28 May 2008

Is the scheme set up by the government to assist with home insulation/heating. They have a grant limit of £2,700 (£4,000 if oil heating is involved).

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?