Holly Computers

opta55 09:06 26 Nov 2003

I am thinking of buying a new PC from Holly Computers in Grays,Essex.Has anyone any comments about their products or services.

Stuartli 15:50 26 Nov 2003

Most people will never have heard of them, yet the January 2004 issue of PCW has a review of one of the firm's models....:-)

Patr100 19:57 26 Nov 2003

They get reviewed in PC Pro and are A List this month.Their Site is very well detailed with good prices, choices and specs for customisation. I think my next PC may come from them when I get round to it if they are still around.

Stuartli 10:15 27 Nov 2003

Bit pessimistic..:-)

Is your glass always half empty?

Lok 16:17 27 Nov 2003

Just ordered a system from them - Very good service so far - keeping me upto date of the progress etc - and good prices for some good systems.

bpatient 21:22 08 Dec 2003

LoK - how have you found your new PC? i have ulterior motives (;-)

Lok 11:59 09 Feb 2004

Sorry not been around for a while - my response:-

Received my system back in November 03 - a Gaming Ultimate Ivory AMD - 3gb + 1 gb ram + 9800 Radeon.

Must say - excellent.

Not a moments problem with it so far (touch wood). The service I got when I bought it was good - I just had problems with waiting for the right part (motherboard & graphics card) - so I kept calling them & they recommened some alternatives & because I am impatient & didn;t want to wait any longer - I altered my order slightly.

I'm a big online gamer - planetside, call of duty, halo, bf1942 etc - & even with the graphics at the highest res. I have no issues.

I would totally recommend Holly Computers - the prices are also very competitive.

& before I bought I checked out these and other forums looking for posts about them - I didn't find much - which is good because ppl who have problems will tell as many ppl as possible, but ppl who have no problems tend to just use there machine happily. (i.e. no posting = good sign).

Hope this helps ppl.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017