Hiper Aluminium keyboards - has anyone used one?

Kemistri 16:42 03 Jan 2008

I'm considering one of these - click here. It has good reviews and looks like it might solve the issue that I have with Microsoft's build quality, but what is it like to use? Is it nice to type on, is the more compact layout a problem, and do the media keys work as well as those on MS keyboards?

Forum Editor 17:58 03 Jan 2008

but I'm a bit of a keyboard junkie - I spend most of my working life with one, and I've tried dozens of them over the years.

Two stand out from the crowd - one I've used in the past click here and the one I'm using at the moment click here which is easily the best keyboard I've ever had my hands on. It's horrendously expensive, but I try to justify the cost by telling myself that I earn a good part of my living with it.

It simply oozes quality and style, and is a dream to use.

PP321 18:08 03 Jan 2008

I have the Hiper Aliminuim keyboard and its dreadfull.

Its not nice to use, the keys feel flimsy and, well, its just not nice.

Kemistri 20:52 03 Jan 2008

FE - The Enermax looks possible, although the price could be more attractive. I trust Enermax products.

PP321 - That bad, huh? Petty. I was hoping that the build quality that reviewers had praised would be matched by the key quality.

Thanks for the replies.

Kemistri 20:53 03 Jan 2008

Petty = Pity.

Forum Editor 22:42 03 Jan 2008

is a very nicely-built keyboard. It's reassuringly solid, and just gets on with the job of being a keyboard - no bells and whistles, or unwanted gizmos. I used it for a while, but something about the key action wasn't quite right for me, so I moved on to the Logitec; since when I've been in keyboard heaven.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?