HIDDEN SAVINGS ON BROADBAND OVER BT ANYTIME!!!!

everythingsuk 18:01 17 Mar 2003

BEFORE I START NO IM NOT AN ADVERT LOL

well well well, finally got broadband but was shocked to learn that the last two years of being on bt anytime i have been paying nearly the amount for broadband!!!!

ok here it is:

BT OPENWORLD ANYTIME

you have to have a 5.99 (or thereabouts) "surftime" thing with BT to have an internet active line

THEN

15.99 a month to credit card to have ANYTIME with BTOPENWORLD
thats
£22!!

THEN you are paying your normal line rental for a bt line, 11 i believe, a month

THEN I GET BROABAND

27.99 a month BUT

YOU CAN CANCLE THE "surftime" THING WITH BT saving 5.99 a month, and you get a DISCOUNT ON YOUR LINE RENTAL!! IT GOES DOWN FROM 11 TO 9 A MONTH TO HAVE A BT LINE AND YOU A RE GETTING A VIRTUAL SECOND LINE AS EVERYTHING CAN BE USED AT ONCE

there was an ofer on till end of march, connection free (normally 60) and modem for 50 instead of 80

WITH BT U PAY A FORTUNE TO HAVE A SECOND LINE

THEREFORE I WAS PAYING 22 a month BUT NOW HAVE BROADBAND AT 576 KBPS, A FREE PHONE LINE NEVER BUSY WITH NET AND ALL FOR A FEW POUND MORE A MONTH

hidden savings me thinks

so there we go!!

just need 256 mb more ram and online gaming here i come...mwhahaha

BY are now offering the Modem at £25.00!

Sorry - BT click here

Ellie3009 20:40 17 Mar 2003

Hang on a minute...

Why do you have to pay line rental to BT as well as 5.99 for a surftime thing AND 15.99 for unlimited use?

According to the Openworld website you only pay BOTH if you have one of the other packages, if you are on anytime you just pay the £15.99

I quote... "If you choose 'Anytime' this must be a BT line, if you choose BT Openworld for BT Surf Packages you will also need to subscribe to a BT SurfTime package. "

Therefore you have been paying too much for the Openworld anytime!

he he :-)™ 20:48 17 Mar 2003

no thats if u want off peak and weekend access. Yhink uve been paying more than u should mate. if u choose that option u have to pay £6.99 a mnth an btow end aswell but £15.99 a mnth covers that aswell. lol @ everythingsuk .

he he :-)™ 20:52 17 Mar 2003

everythin I said just repeated Ellie3009. have 2 read it all next time.
PS. sorry about the typing mistakes I type fast and don't read it through i'll start now. :-)

acfc 20:59 17 Mar 2003

Not only did you not have to pay the surftime charge of £5.99 but you could save further by not using BT for broadband.

I use Pipex which is only £23.44 a month and right now you can get connection and modem for £23.44. This also gives you e mail addresses and Webspace!

As I've said here before ~ why give BT more money for less???

(And I'm not advertising either!)

he he :-)™ 21:10 17 Mar 2003

Yeah I agree with acfc because I wont ever use BT as my ISP I don't even trust them with my phone line i'm only with them for it because I cant get cable.

he he :-)™ 21:13 17 Mar 2003

If ur wondering why I don't like them is because they charged me £1000 in damages to there lines and I had only just moved in and I only moved down the road to a bigger house they could ask my neighbours.

rins36 22:26 17 Mar 2003

I currently us BT for internet access from 6pm to 8am & 24/7 over the weekend. The service charge is £19.99 per month plus vat & any calls that I make if any using BT, I use another phone company for my calls.

Would I be better of using Broadband from BT?

he he :-)™ 16:03 18 Mar 2003

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?