Hi-Grade - great service

g0slp 21:48 16 Oct 2006

Whilst I was on my last tour of duty at sea, my wife obtained a laptop for our daughter to use at school. (Background info - she's Statemented as Special Needs, but apparently the LEA had run out of money...). The machine arrived just before I got home.

Anyway, the machine wouldn't allow Windows updates etc when I went to load up the software required. So, I followed Hi-Grade's instructions as supplied in the manual on a repair, but no luck. (Recovery is on a partition; no full system disk supplied as standard).

Phoned them up, on a normal UK number, & the tech I spoke to confirmed that I'd done everything correctly. He agreed that something was obviously corrupted and said that he'd send a repair disk out. This arrived the following day, but again no luck. Back on the phone; immediate offer to send a complete installation disk out & if that didn't work to call back & arrange to return the machine to them for investigation.

Disk arrived as promised; a couple of hours installing everything, all working correctly. Mind, the Windows Updates & Office2003 updates took a while! Result, one very happy daughter.

Based on this level of service I would certainly consider using them again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?