Here we go again - $ v £ v € prices

DieSse 19:31 29 Jun 2009

click here

If this is true, then I hope MS get well and truly slated for it.

Blatant discrimination between markets, and most certainly NOT Free and Fair Trade.

Market dominance demands more fairness from a company than this.

curofone 19:44 29 Jun 2009

micosoft are certainly not the only company that just change the $ to £ and forget to change the numbers, annoying and discrimnating i agree but nothing new and certainly not something that only microsoft do.

you only have to look at the microsoft upgrade website now where the offer price for windows 7 is £49.99 and then when you flick onto the american site it is $49.99

Kevscar1 19:54 29 Jun 2009

Probably to cover their costs when the EU took them to court to force them to leave out IE

laurie53 20:15 29 Jun 2009

Not at all unusual or unexpected.

While Kevscar's comment is probably tongue in cheek, the EU did fine MS $1.3 billion so they are not going to be doing the EU and its citizens any favours any time soon!

OTT_Buzzard 20:17 29 Jun 2009

Nothing unusual there. Unfortunately it is classed as legal and fair :(

Stuartli 20:19 29 Jun 2009

I know people who went on holiday regularly to Greece, before the Euro came into being.

On their next visit they noticed that the local bar and cafe owners, supported for a number of years on an annual basis, changed price list charges to the Euro sign whilst retaining the same figures.

As protests proved futile, the following year most of them went elsewhere for their holidays.....

DieSse 20:47 29 Jun 2009

"Unfortunately it is classed as legal and fair"

Legal it is - fair it ain't.

Yes I know it's "usual" and "expected" and "not new", and "not only Microsoft".

So you think that makes it OK???? I don't.

DieSse 20:52 29 Jun 2009

I wasn't aware that Greek cafe owners sold coffee internationally and at different prices in different countries.

interzone55 21:09 29 Jun 2009

The headline figures are a little unfair.

The Sterling & Euro prices will include VAT, whereas the $ price will not include local & federal sales taxes, so the difference isn't as large as it looks.

Kevscar1 23:49 29 Jun 2009

Laurie53
Not completley Tongue in Cheek, if the EU fined me for something the rest of the world allowed I'd want to recover my money from the EU so would raise my prices there.

Stuartli 23:54 29 Jun 2009

The comment was in response to curofone's posting..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?