help!!: whats the best broadband to go with

goondulf 09:59 26 Feb 2006

i need help on which broadband to go with, wireless?, aol?, i just dont know.....

rmcqua 10:24 26 Feb 2006

Here's a link that will give you comparisons between the major ISPs that service your area:
click here

As far as wireless or wired, this depends very much on how you want to use the PC/s in your home, where your incoming telephone socket is, etc. If it's a single PC not too far from the socket, go wired; if it's far away or if you want to serve multiple PCs, I would go wireless.

goondulf 10:33 26 Feb 2006

cheers

Totally-braindead 10:59 26 Feb 2006

Heres another site worth looking at click here

bluto1 21:55 26 Feb 2006

I`ve had a look at rmcqua`s link, gave them my postcode and they came up with 2 for and 1 against and my ISP which is,for me, cheaper because I have my telephone, 24/7,sorted as well is not mentioned in their search. This link takes you to an independant supplier of this type of information so you`ll be better off going to each ISP seperately to find out whats on offer. G`luck mate.

bluto1 21:59 26 Feb 2006

Totally-braindead,
I did`nt look at your link until after i`d posted my thread, sorry, and it looks a bit better.

j3nks 20:14 27 Feb 2006

All I can say is cheap is not always a good option, I went with one of the cheap ones was ok till two months ago then mainly been on sub dial up speed.
Check the ratings and forums here
click here
Best bit of advice I can give dont go with E7even you will regret it I have.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:24 27 Feb 2006

The ONLY way is to ask your neighbours.

G

o44wen 22:30 27 Feb 2006

try click here also

Confab 13:11 28 Feb 2006

If you have a BT line to your house then all the major ISP's will service your area if the exchange is BB enabled. I don't know why this site favours some ISP’s above others. I put my postcode in and it listed just 5 ISP's plus NTL and satellite. The ISP I use, (Madasafish 8MB for £17.99) who are very reliable was not listed. Is this site just a big advert for certain ISP’S? Who are Networking Links Ltd?

Confab

Are you in a cable area? ie. is Blueyonder or NTL available. If so I wouldn't hesitate to go with them. They can offer packages which all the other ADSL ISPs cannot due to the technology used.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?