Help needed in calibrating a MSP tablet

Dunnroamin 14:12 12 Feb 2017

I used a Trust tablet for years, but no longer have the table space for a separate tablet and computer/monitor or even a laptop.

I'm not a pro artist, just an 81 y.o. who needs mental stimulus.

After much sifting through reviews and Youtube videos, I purchased the Wacom MSP.

On startup I have, with some difficulty, got through the various username and password requirements (although I'm now wondering if I should have kept the same UN and PW for everything).

My main difficulty arose in choosing the various calibrations, including PEN, FUNCTIONS and TOUCH RING. I wonder, would it make more sense to click on the DEFAULT button (at least until I become more proficient).

My next question is: As the OS is Win 10. is this viewable onscreen in the same form as it would be on an ordinary pc, i.e. with desktop shortcuts and a program list which includes My Pictures, My Documents, Control Panel etc., and switchable back to the Wacom functions.

I would like to install Photoshop elements 2, as I have used this for a long time on a large desktop tower pc and Trust tablet. I would have to either download it or buy the CD. I don't know if PS elements 2 is compatible with Win 10, if it can be used on W 10, how does one load a CD into a device that doesn't have a disc tray.

In the absence of a User manual or PDF, folks like me (on the wrong side of 80) do have a bit of trouble threading their way through the minefield of digital jargon and setup procedures.

I had great hopes that I would find what I needed on Youtube, but the videos mostly concentrated on the MSP specifications or how great it was to draw and paint on, with no mention of how a beginner could deal with the basics. Hoping that someone may be able to give me a few hints and tips, thanks in advance.

Smudge120 15:28 13 Feb 2017

I am also a silver surfer 82 years old and still learning. I have just bought a Dell laptop. It is refurbished by a local computer shop. Have just made a local phone call for advice how to set up the printer to do it wireleesly from my laptop. If you down load PS2 onto a memory stick, you shpuld then be able to transfer it onto your new laptop. You may get more information but this may be what you want. Good luck. I find that I am still learning and it is keeping the grey cells working.

Dunnroamin 20:54 13 Feb 2017

That's incredible. Are you a mind reader? The method you have just suggested occurred to me last night, the only difference - I thought of using an SD card because the Wacom has an SD card slot. All memory sticks need USB connection, I believe, and the Wacom only has very small USB sockets called USBc, or something like that. I've yet to try what we both thought of, although, because it's an old app, I still don't know if it's compatible. Thanks for responding, I wish you well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)