Help me with my Patriot problem. Please

Whatisram 22:50 15 Feb 2006

I bought a Patriot 3070 laptop in December, from PC World, unfortunately over christmas my Mums rather large and always hungry labrador decided a Patriot power adaptor would make a good healthy snack, now I have no power adaptor and therefore my laptop is useless(ok I know a Patriot laptop is pretty much as good as useless anyway, but I only wanted to surf the net and for my kids to do homework on)anyway it seems that I cannot get a replcement anywhere, I have tried PC Servicecall and my local store, both told me to try partsmaster, which I have but they don't have this part, I have tried all the laptop spares/accessories sites google (and jeeves) can throw at me, all to no avail, even the generic adaptors I have found are no good as they are between 19v and 24v my little Patriot is only 14v the part is a Lite-on PA-1700-02 HELP ME PLEASE

Skyver 23:34 15 Feb 2006

Anything here? click here

Forum Editor 23:39 15 Feb 2006

phoning a company called Hamiltone on 01273 701648

Are you absolutely sure that your machine needs a 14v power adaptor? The reason I ask is that the Patriot 3070 is listed as having a Lite-on PA-1700-02, and that adapter is listed as being 19V

Skyver 23:42 15 Feb 2006

So's this, but not exactly the same part number
click here

Whatisram 23:48 15 Feb 2006

Thanks so much, when I tried the partsmaster site I couldn't find anything, the reason I thought it was 14v is thats what it says on the back of my lappy.
but if it says 19v on the part then it must be so.
Anyway thanks again, much appreciated

Belatucadrus 13:44 16 Feb 2006

Try e-mailing AbsoluteBattery at [email protected] They're helpful and usually pretty good at sourcing oddballs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?