Help Help Help

TonyLevy 18:29 04 Nov 2014

I have just eventually managed to get Dell to refund my money on the purchase of a 5537 laptop purchased back in June 2014 but have had problems with it since purchase mainly over software issues and windows 8.1 so now desperately need a new laptop in the £500 range. I want an i5 processor with at least 750gb hdd and 8mg Ram with a good graphics/video

I was very disappointed with the Dell and especially their technical division who kept informing me (after replacing the motherboard and taking remote control of my machine twice) that is was definitely a software issue but they eventually took it back and told me there was a fault on the HDD only to return it to me with the same software issue of a blue screen fatal error

Rather than sort out the problem they have refunded me my money so I need urgently to get a laptop replacement

Any recommendation please

Woolwell 19:06 04 Nov 2014

You need help with your thread title as it is fairly useless.

There are several laptops that should meet your requirements including

Toshiba L50 or Acer and many other models.

Best to go into a store eg John Lewis or PC World and have a look because keyboards and screens can make a big difference.

lotvic 11:04 05 Nov 2014

In case of future probs, I think John Lewis have a better customer (after)service than PC World/Currys?

HondaMan 11:23 05 Nov 2014

Have a look here QVC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?