Help with ebuyer...

maanse 00:56 23 Nov 2005

Hi,
I am after some advice regarding an order i placed with ebuyer. Basically i ordered a complete new system [to self build], only to find they have discontinued [after i ordered] the CPU. The CPU is an OEM version, now the website only stocks the full retail ver. @ £50 extra!! The have Despatched half of my order and assure me the rest is on route [minus CPU], and a refund regarding the CPU is pending.

As you all know the system is useless without the CPU.

Any ideas where i stand before i contact them?

swanson2 01:49 23 Nov 2005

Hi,

If my previous experiences of ebuyer are anything to go by I wouldn't worry, they will probably give you the full retail version with no extra cost to pay.

I recently bought an OEM hard drive which they upgraded to full retail version free of charge.

spuds 11:27 23 Nov 2005

See what arrives. If the cpu was discontinued after you placed the order, and your invoice stated that there was stock. Then I would contact Ebuyer, and ask for an explanation.Point out that the order was given on the proviso that all components were available.

maanse 15:25 23 Nov 2005

Well i contacted ebuyer, explained the situation and all they could suggest for me to do is arrange for everything to be sent back. i asked them then if they would supply the retail version and the woman point blank said no [very rudely]

Im not a happy chappy. Especially after spending nearly £1500 in the last week.

So im sending it all back!!

Ebuyer have lost yet another customer me thinks.

Diodorus Siculus 16:22 23 Nov 2005

I had something similar with Novatech a few months back but they had the courtesy to tell me that something was out of stock and would not be available for a few weeks; they were quite happy to cancel the order and hadn't even charged my card. They say that they don't charge until everything is in stock and ready to go.

That is the kind of service that keeps me with Novatech, despite the fact that there are often cheaper options available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?