OnePlus 5 review
I've been wanting to buy a laptop for the past couple of months now, but keep dithering over what to buy as ultimately it's a lot of money and I don't want to make the wrong decision. As such, I was hoping that some of you 'techie' guys might be able to advise me. I'll be using the laptop for writing, photo editing, listening to music, watching films, and perhaps occassional casual gaming. I'd also like to get something that will see me through a few years, at least university, so don't mind paying a little extra if it's going to work out more economical in the long run. Obviously due to what I want to use the machine for I'm not looking for a super-cheap notebook, but I'd like to get the best value possible.
I currently have my eye on Dell's Inspiron 1720, and I've tweaked the specifications a little to end up with:
* Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)
* Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English
* 2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
* nVidia® GeForce™ Go 8400M GS with 128MB DDR2 dedicated graphic memory
* 250GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive
* 56.6k V.92 Capable Internal Modem & Adapter - UK
* Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software
* Intel® Pro Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Mini-Card - Europe
* 1 Year Base Warranty - Collect & Return
* Dell™ Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module (up to 3Mbps) with Enhanced Data rate - Eur
* Primary 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (85 WHr)
* 17.0" Widescreen WXGA+ (1440x900) TFT Display with TrueLife™
I'd have liked XP, but apparently that's a no-go for the 1720.
This comes to £615, but if I order by tonight then I can have an extra 10% discount bringing it down to £553.95. I can also use quidco to get 5% cashback, making it £530. So my question is, will this laptop perform well enough for my needs, and is £530 a reasonable price for the specifications? Or are any of these choices overkill, so I might get something cheaper?
Any help would be very much appreciated - I've been comparing laptops for so long that my mother is impatiently insisting that I should 'just blooming order it'!
Ordered myself one of these yesterday with the exact same spec (minus the battery upgrade) to get the 10% discount. My requirements were much the same as yours and this machine should cope with ease.
Despite extensive looking I couldn't find this kind of spec on a 17" laptop for just over £500 anywhere so I think we've got ourselves a good deal!
Did you get it in the end? Wondering how it's working out as I'm interested in similar Dell model.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.