Hello, I need some help with a little patience :)

Moo0dy 11:32 19 Aug 2014

I'm about to get a new laptop but I don't know much about laptops. I'm hoping to buy a laptop which I can use for

1 gaming ( the new ones which has huge requirements )

2 softwares like auto cad, adobe products, programming

so i was searching for laptops which has a 2 GB Nvidia card, 8 GB Ram ++, battery lasts 3~5h atleast. but i'm not experienced so idk what to choose. so basicly i want a strong laptop for hardcore-use. any ideas ? :)

iscanut 13:40 19 Aug 2014

What is your budget ?

Secret-Squirrel 16:41 19 Aug 2014

"gaming ( the new ones which has huge requirements )...... i want a strong laptop for hardcore-use"

An Alienware 17 or 18 would be a suitable choice. Configure the most powerful CPU and graphics options you can afford. See here.

"battery lasts 3~5h atleast"

You should get more than that with light use such as watching videos or browsing the web but don't expect anything approaching three hours during hardcore gaming.

alanrwood 18:48 19 Aug 2014

Why a laptop. An equivalent desktop would be half the price.

Moo0dy 10:13 20 Aug 2014

First great thanks to all who answered :) and these are my replies :)

1 my budget is around 800~1500$ cuz I'm from Egypt :)

2 Thanks alot I checked it, it looks awesome. amazing for gaming, but what about softwares like the ones I've mentioned ?

3 I need a laptop for college & work, cuz i won't be at home for a long time

Secret-Squirrel 12:40 20 Aug 2014

"......but what about softwares like the ones I've mentioned ?"

A high-end laptop like those by Alienware will provide exceptional performance in Autocad and the programs that make up the Adobe Creative Suite.

However, if your maximum budget is just $1500 then you'll only be able to afford the cheapest Alienware 17 which has an Intel i5 and an upper mid-range graphics card which may not allow you to play the latest games "with huge requirements" on their best settings. If you're going to be paying in US Dollars then the US site might be a better place to look.

I'd assumed that if you were able to afford Autocad then a top-of-the-range Alienware would be no problem but it sounds like your college is actually providing you with Autocad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?