heatsink retainer clip

  SLAYER 10:45 19 Aug 2006

hi, I'm looking for A K8/AMD 64 heatsink retainer.I've found them in the USA (top one here)click here
but having trouble finding a supplier in the UK.

  Rayuk 16:31 19 Aug 2006

You could look for a dead motherboard from your local pc shop or use heat sink and fan that screw through the motherboard itself.
Cheaper option than post from USA.

  SLAYER 18:54 19 Aug 2006

thanks man,good advise.any dead mobos out there.

  Gizmo2005 19:31 22 Aug 2006

I got one attached to my CPU cooler click here=

hope that helps

  Rayuk 19:33 22 Aug 2006

No its the plastic on the motherboard that the clip attaches to.

  Gizmo2005 21:13 22 Aug 2006

Yes you get the plastic Retainer Clip with the CPU cooler, well i did with my one!

  Rayuk 17:12 23 Aug 2006

My appologies just looked at your link/installation page good option as they are decent heatsinks

  SLAYER 17:20 23 Aug 2006

Thanks all,took Rayuk advice,got my hands on a dead mobo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?