Having problems with Orange email?

Forum Editor 22:48 10 May 2007

Apparently some people are.

If you're using Orange, and you're experiencing problems with sending or receiving email perhaps you'll let me know by posting here. have you contacted Orange, and if you have, what was their response?

Kate B 23:22 10 May 2007

A friend of mine has just switched to Be because he was fed up with Orange losing his emails.

acxxxx 00:47 11 May 2007

Forum Editor

Please see Bretsky's thread from Sat, 05/05/[email protected]:09 posted in Helproom (it’s not just email problems at Orange). I have been with Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange for 7-8 years (so I don’t just change on a whim) and I have never seen things this bad before, connecting or using their services at the moment is becoming a joke and it seems to of got worse(for me anyway)over the last few days.

estabond 06:45 11 May 2007

For me Freeserve has been very flaky since my service was 'upgraded' to 3mbps on 19 Feb 2007.
I cannot maintain a connection for more than 10/15 minutes before I need to use 'disconnect' then 'connect' on Speedtouch Connection.
Glad to hear I'm not alone.
Who would you change to (and how)?

Forum Editor 06:55 11 May 2007

I'm particularly interested in news about email problems, and about Orange's response to reports of problems.

carver 08:01 11 May 2007

Since Orange took control the service has just got worse, this has been a steady decline over the past 9 months.
The problem is that you don't know you have missing e-mails until the sender phones to ask why you haven't replied. Sending them is another problem also, I have to send about a batch of about 30 at a time to a group and over the past 6 months I am unable to do this in one batch, anything more than about 14 and the e-mails are not sent, so I send 12 out, then another 12, then finally the last lot.
I have complained so much that over the past 6 months I have had 2 months service at no cost.
It doesn't help that their helpline and customer service are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
Every time I phone them about the missing e-mails all that happens is that you go through the same questions over and over again.
At one point I was told the problem is your Norton anti-virus, solution according to them was to disable it for at least an hour and see if that sorted the problem out. This was one thing I wasn't prepared to do.
Junk e-mails are also getting through that contain viruses, these are being picked up by Norton and cleaned.

STREETWORK 08:11 11 May 2007

Hi FE,

I am on Orange with the Livebox my problems are.

1. some mail received is over 6 hours or 1-2 days old
2. some mail is never received
3. sometimes I cannot connect to the mail server
4. apart from an automated response from Orange, they do not reply to email or webforms.

I never experienced this problem with freeserve, wannadoo and was one of the first to sign up to freeserve when dixons had it.

On several occasions I have almost cancelled the contract to move on to a more reliable service provider.

A call to them suggest the following;

1. Reinstall windows
2. Delete and remake the account
3. its a BT problem
4. you have a line fault.

Strange when I can connect to the internet using Mozilla or IE but not get email and its happening all too regularly now...

STREETWORK 08:12 11 May 2007

Oh yes, add

Mail does not arrive, just goes missing either sending or receiving...

ventanas 09:34 11 May 2007

This is probably the kiss of death, but I have no apparent problems. Using Livebox with networked desktop and laptop. Outlook 2003 on the desktop and Windows Mail on the laptop.

Of course I probably won't know about those that didn't arrive, but any I have been expecting have turned up. Also have no problems connecting to the network on bootup. Laptop can take a little time though.

I have found it to be very much pot luck with Orange tech support. I had a problem last year getting on to certain sites and received a fair bit if useless advice from various "helpers," but eventually I landed with someone who actually knew his job, Pinpointed the problem straight away, gave the correct advice, and solved it.

Flak999 12:50 11 May 2007

Have been since Freeserve days, I use a livebox and am on their 8Mb download service. I have not experienced any difficulties at all so far!

AWARD2001 13:14 11 May 2007

Orange have upgraded my account to 8Mb's recently which meant no broadband service at all for 3 weeks and I'm now getting speeds of 0.4mb max. They are rubbish and I am closing my account with them shortly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017