have you ever heard about AKHTER

dovee 15:35 04 Jan 2006

I was looking for laptops , and have found such firm
click here

it offers cheap laptops..but look strange.
what do you think?

Forum Editor 16:22 04 Jan 2006

but their credentials are good - you don't become a Microsoft Gold certified partner, or an Intel Premier provider unless you can meet some fairly strict requirements.

Almost all the laptops on sale today have been partially manufactured in one of about six huge factories in South East Asia, They are then shipped off to be branded and badged etc, by the companies which are going to sell them. The components are from well-known manufacturers in most cases, and there's no reason why the computers shouldn't work perfectly well.

amonra 16:26 04 Jan 2006

Passing through Woolworth today, laptops for £399, reasonable spec, good for college students.

Belatucadrus 17:48 04 Jan 2006

click here not a new company, though I've never heard of them either but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Haol 18:04 04 Jan 2006

I wouldn't trust them, their site looks unprofessional and you can get a picture of the Microsoft Gold certified partner and the Intel Premier provider "badges" on google images.

HondaMan 18:11 04 Jan 2006

They were around in the days of the BBC model B. At ta time, one of their best sellers was a bridge unit over the Beeb which housed two floppy-disk drives of up to, I think 400Mb-double sided each.

Arnie 18:25 04 Jan 2006

vacancies page.

The Akhter Group has been established in Harlow for over 25 years. With annual sales of £17 million, Akhter supplies the Ministry of Defence, Education and Corporates. Companies in the group provide Computer and Network solutions, including hardware installation and support, as well as user friendly network management software developed in-house. Other products include Energy Saving Lamps, Solar Panels, Wind Turbines, Electronics Kits and Software for the Legal Profession

Arnie 18:27 04 Jan 2006

"I wouldn't trust them".

They sound pretty authentic to me.

Forum Editor 18:28 04 Jan 2006

Don't be silly. The company is listed as being Microsoft Gold certified and Intel Premier providers.

Their credentials are good - as I said earlier. We can do without knee-jerk reactions like yours thanks.

€dstowe 19:01 04 Jan 2006
  Stuartli 19:04 04 Jan 2006

I've heard of the company but never had dealings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?