Have you emailed me?

Forum Editor 14:16 02 Feb 2003

Over the past couple of months I have noticed a big increase in the number of emails I get from forum members about their problems. Whilst I am always pleased to hear from you I can't enter into email correspondence about individual computer problems on a one-to-one basis - there just isn't enough time, and we already receive hundreds of messages from the forum on other matters.
Often I'm aware that a forum member has clicked on the 'Contact moderator' button in error - when he/she really meant to post a response in the thread. This sends an email to me, and invariably I end up pointing the person back to the thread.

The email links are there to be used when something has to be dealt with privately, or when a person has asked to be contacted in that way - not as a general means of problem solving. If email is used it prevents other forum users from seeing the way a problem's solved.

I'll continue to welcome emails on any subject, but please don't ask for personal help with a computer problem - with the best will in the world we don't have the resources to cope.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

See the Best Button Badge Designs of 2017

iPhone X review

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires