Have you bought a Chinese mobile phone?

Sapins 08:25 25 Nov 2016
Answered

Do you have any experience of these phones. I am looking at the Elephone P9000, This one it seems very good value for money, and the price is extremely good.

rickf 09:59 25 Nov 2016

Not this particular one but I always buy Chinese phones as they are very good value. At present using an Oppo Find7 but have also got a Huawei Honor 6, HTC M8 and have used Xiaomi etc., with no problems.

rickf 09:59 25 Nov 2016

Of course the One Plus is also a Chinese phone.

rickf 10:01 25 Nov 2016

Forgot to say buy from a reliable source and get an international model.

Forum Editor 10:18 25 Nov 2016

Marie Brewis (PCA's group managing editor) is a smartphone expert - what she doesn't know about phones isn't worth knowing. Marie has recently written a review of the best Chinese phones on offer.

Sapins 13:49 25 Nov 2016

Thanks for all your replies, I am going for the elephone P9000.

The Kestrel 13:36 27 Nov 2016

Have you read the 1 star user reviews on Amazon? It has certainly put me off this phone.

Forum Editor 08:19 30 Nov 2016
  Sapins 09:21 01 Dec 2016

I have received the phone and I am very pleased with it. The lack of a user manual is the only problem, I am finding my way slowly, my first smart phone!, but it would help a great deal if I had a manual. Still, I look forward to getting to grips with it.

Forum Editor 10:07 01 Dec 2016

phone manuals are becoming rarer. Most people find that modern phones are very easy to operate - you just need to spend a while in the settings, getting the phone configured as you like it to be.

You'll soon be up to speed, and when you change the phone your new one will be familiar territory. Enjoy the elephone. Perhaps you'll update your thread later on, when you have had time to form an overall impression.

Sapins 10:49 01 Dec 2016

I'll certainly update my thread, so, settings here I come!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?