Have I lost my chance? (repost)

Buachail Mór 20:10 15 Mar 2003

It seems that RAM prices are on the up at the moment - 512mb of Crucial ddr 2100 has gone above £50.

Do people think that this is an upward trend beginning again, a glitch, or what?

Basically, should I buy now or wait? It is quite a while since RAM was as these levels, but is it likely to go up or down?

Thanks.

(PS Thanks IZZY for your reply to the previous posting, but I never got to read it.)

If you know the answer to this question you would make a fortune!

Watch the prices carefully and if you decide that you need the ram and the price is fair, buy it, if not wait. You will always wonder if it is a good time to buy but I doubt we will see the really low prices that occured about 18 months ago again as the reason for this (competition between manufacturing plants I believe) has been resolved.

AndySD 09:43 16 Mar 2003

They predicted in Jan that ram prices would start to rise again arround easter. My advice....buy now.

Buachail Mór 10:16 16 Mar 2003

Maybe this is the time to buy then - it will make a difference to my photoshopping at least I hope. A few weeks ago I thought of buying 256 mb for about £45 so another visit to crucial should do the job for me.

Thanks for the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?