Has HD arrived here

De Marcus 01:27 04 Jul 2005

in the uk yet? Is it possible to purchase a High-Definition DVD player here in the UK yet? I've a number of HD DVD's and no HD-DVD player to conform as yet :-)

Stuartli 09:35 04 Jul 2005

All the info you need can be found here:

click here

De Marcus 11:03 04 Jul 2005

Thanks Stuartli.

Stuartli 11:22 04 Jul 2005

My TwinHan Freeview DTV-ter PCI TV card (from click here) is fully HDTV compatible - it's particularly popular in Australia where HDTV is available in some areas.

As the card acts as a PVR (recording TV or radio to the hard drive), has EPG, Preview, remote control etc it would prove an inexpensive (around £50) substitute for an HD recorder as it can do now for digital services.

TomJerry 11:55 04 Jul 2005

interesting product

Stuartli 12:37 04 Jul 2005

This, for interest, is TwinHan's lighter sized USB powered Alpha model - digital and HDTV coverage that's transportable:

click here

Apart from being exceptionally reliable products, TwinHan's various digital and satellite TV cards are much cheaper than other, more widely known brands.

De Marcus 12:55 04 Jul 2005

Again thankyou, I shall be browsing those links with interest.

Stuartli 15:21 04 Jul 2005

If, by any chance, you decide a TwinHan is for you, then the click here link is one of the cheapest places in the UK to buy one - the big guns charge quite a bit more for the same models.

It's also a very friendly and helpful outlet with a very quick response to e-mails and/or orders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?