has anyone used uk-computers.co.uk?

theDarkness 16:26 13 Jan 2010

Ive never heard of has anyone used click here

im trying to find out if they are a trustworthy/reliable pc store or not. also known as Matrix IT Computers Ltd

thanks

GaT7 16:54 13 Jan 2010

Looks OK - they have a landline telephone number, postal address & company number displayed on the site (click here), & the details match the corresponding domain info click here, Google maps click here (& zoom in) & Companies House info (click here & enter the co number & press Search). Apart from that, I don't know anything about them.

Before ordering, make sure to read their T&Cs click here & pay with your credit card. Regarding the latter, I think you're only covered for purchases of £100 or over though. G

birdface 18:30 13 Jan 2010

Not much about it in Google.
I would personally give it a miss Unless you can get some useful information elsewhere.
Just a new Site without proper security clearance.
Where did you find the site was it advertised somewhere.

angusrjy 23:10 15 Jan 2010

Hi

I'm one of the directors of uk-computers.co.uk and the parent company (Matrix IT Computers) has been trading for nearly ten years. The site is SSL secured by Sagepay when you enter payment details so is as secure as it can be. The websore ha sonly been upand running for a month and we are adding improvements all the time and we have already had hundreds of satisfied customers. If anyone has any further questions then please just ask.

Angus

rdave13 23:27 15 Jan 2010

Possibly a problem with your site which wouldn't convince me to buy from you is the link to your terms & conditions.
Clicking on the left hand side under computers results in '<!--[endif]--> '.
click here

rdave13 23:30 15 Jan 2010

Hmm.. from my link in this forum it doesn't even show that (<!--[endif]--> ) but reverts to the PC lists.

angusrjy 23:35 15 Jan 2010

This is a browser problem we know about linked to the webstore backend and is being looked at and will be fixed next week. The T'c & C's are identical to Matrix IT Computers terms: (Link below)

click here

As the site is new, teething problems are to be expected and these problems and any othere will be fixed by the developers in due course.

Thanks

rdave13 00:16 16 Jan 2010

Your T&C terms are watertight to your benefit and that is obvious. If you wish to follow Matrix's T&C then good luck to you.
A quote from a rival firm in their T&C
" Upon receipt of your order you will be asked to sign for the goods received in good condition. If the package does not appear to be in good condition then please refuse the delivery. If you are unable to check the contents of your delivery at the point of delivery then please sign for the parcel as "UNCHECKED". Failure to do so may affect any warranty claims that you make thereafter."
Couldn't see the equivalent in your terms and conditions based on your reply that they are the same as Matrix.
Under my understanding of your terms and conditions I would not be a customer of yours.
Good luck in your efforts.

angusrjy 00:39 16 Jan 2010

I don't know who's TC's & C's those are that you mention but every supplier has their own and just because ours does not state what you have quoted above does not in the slightest way make ours any less acceptable. Terms and conditions are there to protect both the seller and the buyer, we are not in the business to annoy customers or scare them away and will go to great lengths to ensure satisfactory service. As far as consumers are concerned, our terms and conditions comply with the "Distance Selling Regulations" and have been checked by Trading Standards. The specific terms you mention above are similary covered in clause 10 within our own. Clause 10.7 simply states what the customer must do if they receive their item(s) and the outerpackaging is clearly damaged. Clause 7 however states what our warranties are and what to do in the event of a faulty product. Good luck in your efforts of finding a satisfactory supplier anyway.

rdave13 00:46 16 Jan 2010

Thank you.

theDarkness 17:09 18 Jan 2010

hhmm. thanks for the reply angusrjy- but i have to say i agree with rdave13 with his quote. perhaps its just the choice of words on the terms and conditions, it sounds a bit strict in the T&C, and therefore suspect. would the company not give money back or replace goods that were not working, just because an items parcel was undamaged and accepted, or the parcel wasnt labelled as "unchecked"? how many customers read terms and conditions - unfortunately its next to none, unless its relating to payment.

just because an items packaging is 100% undamaged, does not mean there might not be something wrong (accidentally or otherwise) with the item inside. it may not state it, but it sounds like "we are great, we never go wrong, so the item we sent could not have problems with it, therefore its the delivery service we would not trust (damages to the parcel)". of course the company could be trustworthy, but i think some rewording to make it sound as if its also there to also help the customer might be of benefit. cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017