has anyone tried the canon S330 printer?

bewise 10:45 29 May 2003

I'm looking to buy a reliable, good quality, cheap to run, printer for under £80-ish. Is that possible? I've seen a review for the canon S330 in Micromart, but can't find any other reviews. People keep telling me to steer clear of Epsons, but I don't know if that's necessary! And what's this I read about some ink cartridges containing the printhead, making blockages simpler to fix?

JoeC 10:59 29 May 2003
  bewise 12:14 29 May 2003

Thanks JoeC! I guess this printer is new to the UK market? I think I can buy this from dabs.com. Is this a reliable supplier? Any other suggestions from anyone on printers would be welcome, but I'm definitely drawn to this one. I guess everyone has different preferences.

Coaster3 12:29 29 May 2003

I recently bought 3 Canon S100 printers. Within months two had gone wrong. It cost me over £10 to return the first one. It was not refunded.

I'm not bothering with the second one but am replacing it with an Epson. I won't be buying Canon again.

JoeC 13:12 29 May 2003

I have had nothing but Canon printers. Only had one went on the blink and fixed under warranty. Now using the S330 Photo and the quality is superb ( for photos ) whilst printing text is fast enough for me. Try visiting the Canon website for further info.

Spencus 19:38 29 May 2003

Reviewed click here last december

bewise 21:48 29 May 2003

Thanks guys. Any more reviews/1st-hand experience still appreciated.

w.squirrel 10:04 31 May 2003

Does this thing not exist then in the UK market?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?