Has anyone signed up to Amazon Prime?

User2008 21:16 03 Aug 2008

I have signed up for the month to get free 'one-day' deliveries with an order I've just placed. I'll place more with Amazon through out the month as free express P&P will make their service unbeatable.

At the end of the month they will charge you £49 for the year if you allow it to. To stop it go into the account section and choose "Do not upgrade" a bit before the 30 day trial expires.

Regards,

User2008

User2008 00:05 05 Aug 2008

No one?

€dstowe 08:15 05 Aug 2008

I know someone who has signed. She owns a bookshop and all special order books she buys from Amazon. She then puts her markup on and sells to her customer. Quite often it is a lot cheaper for her than buying a single copy from a publisher or wholesale book distributor.

I suppose the system is OK if you buy a large amount from Amazon but, for the casual user, it could work out to be very expensive.

For my own purchases from Amazon and elsewhere, I usually opt for free delivery or the cheapest rate as most of my stuff from such places is not urgent - see my ebuyer thread.

User2008 16:11 06 Aug 2008

I think it's advantageous for me as I almost never use the supersaver delivery and always pay for postage to get it quicker - I'm rather impatient.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017