Has anyone else experienced the appalling standar

sean1916 02:06 23 Mar 2010

I recently contacted them and was utterly appalled both by the standards of service offered by them and the advice given. I was informed by them that the Problem that I was a hardware failure. Whereas all that was in fact require as I subsequently determined very quick was to check what hardware was being seen by the system and then to download the required driver's to correct the problem.
However the two representatives that I spoke to quite clearly had no idea what the problem was that they were trying to cure and no concept of how to do so or even if it was a hardware or software problem that they were attempting to resolve.
I can see no reason that I consider using the service provided by what was once respected company and is now a third-rate service total waste of time.

mole44 05:54 23 Mar 2010

who on earth are you talking about,be more precise on your subject matter.

oldbeefer3 08:49 23 Mar 2010

I don't think sean realised that the title has a limited number of characters!

Chas49 08:49 23 Mar 2010

sean1916

Mole44 is of course correct in what he says.

Obviously you know what you were talking about but totally forgot to indicate who was involved! Many of us assume that because we know then everyone else does too, at times I certainly do!!

So, sean1916, "them" - who are they?

Chas49 08:52 23 Mar 2010

oldbeefer3: Didn't notice that - I think that you are correct with your observation.

HondaMan 13:02 23 Mar 2010

us start our replies in the subject box then continue in the main box.

I see that FE does that as well now.

retep888 13:47 23 Mar 2010
  sean1916 02:28 24 Mar 2010

Has anyone else experienced the appalling standard of service offered by the now free BTINTERNET Help line ?

This was the full heading that I had intended to put on this subject. Unfortunately, I hadn't realised the subject header was restricted in its length.

sean1916 02:28 24 Mar 2010

Has anyone else experienced the appalling standard of service offered by the now free BTINTERNET Help line ?

This was the full heading that I had intended to put on this subject. Unfortunately, I hadn't realised the subject header was restricted in its length.

red1977 08:22 24 Mar 2010

While your complaint may be valid anyone who is "utterly appalled" by service from a free help line comes across as a bit of a T**t. If you were able to "require as I subsequently determined very quick" the problem then you may not have explained yourself very clearly.

Hercule Marple 10:00 24 Mar 2010

You think it's acceptable to call somebody a T**t on a public message board like this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?