Has anyone bought from TCR Direct. com?

earthlover 18:30 14 Jul 2008

The only suppliers stocking the laptop that I want are Digital Components Ltd( via Amazon) and TCR Direct. It's sold out everywhere else!

As I have never heard of either I wonder if anyone knows of these companies? TCR Direct are selling the laptop at about the same price as the cheapest retailers but Digital Components Ltd are about 70 pounds more expensive.

Forum Editor 18:48 14 Jul 2008

one of us may know an alternative supplier.

Smiler 18:55 14 Jul 2008

Review here

click here

They are just off the Tottenham Court Road

T C R Direct.Co.Uk Ltd
11, Great Russell St, London, WC1B 3NH
Tel: 020 7255 1600

earthlover 19:15 14 Jul 2008

I want the Samsung R700-A003UK 1.66GHz with 250GB for my son who is going to uni in September. The reviews were so good but unfortunately lots of other people seem to want one too! I have tried to order from two places and they contacted me to say that it is discontinued, I can't find one anywhere other than the two sites I mentioned.

Do you think it is worth waiting to see if it comes back in stock somewhere else shortly?

beeuuem 19:40 14 Jul 2008

Is this the one click here ?

earthlover 19:48 14 Jul 2008

Yes thanks, that's it. But again I don't know if the retailer is OK. Maybe I should just look for another laptop.

beeuuem 00:54 15 Jul 2008

Overclockers is a perfectly reputable retailer and have been in business for a number of years at

Overclockers UK (Esnet Ltd)
Unit 40 Imex Business Park
Ormonde Street
Fenton
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire ST4 3NP
United Kingdom
I have only once bought from them once (with no problem). If you do a 'forum search', at the top of this page, you will see that they are used by several members of the forum and there are no adverse comments as far as I can see.

earthlover 17:39 15 Jul 2008

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my search for the Samsung R700. I have ordered it from Overclockers UK and have just received an email to say it is being shipped, so it should be here tomorrow. It's also cheaper than the two other places I already tried to order from, so thanks very much to 'beeuuem' for finding their site for me.

Thanks a lot!

beeuuem 18:55 15 Jul 2008

I pray that it will arrive safely and on time or my name will be mud(d).
Do let us know.

iscanut 20:17 15 Jul 2008

I bought my Samsung R700from here
click here

but I see this is too late for you now. It is a superb laptop and hope your son enjoys it as much as I like mine.

earthlover 09:45 16 Jul 2008

The computer arrived about 9 this am! So far so good. Just hope it works ok now.

'Nuts', thanks for your message. I also tried there but they didn't have that model in stock when I looked. I trailed through about 20 search pages on Yahoo before, exhausted, finding the two places I mentioned. They were the only two that had stock. For some reason in all those pages Overclockers, the place 'beeuuem' found for me, was never mentioned. Seems strange, but maybe it's because their business is mainly in a different area, not just selling computers. So I'm really glad that I posted my query on this site!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?