HANNSG 22" Monitor Model HG (Help)

Jpeg6785 10:47 04 Feb 2008

Hi

Ive recently bought this monitor from Misco and am absolutely delighted with it, the only trouble is when it's on there is an noticable hum from the rear of the flat panel, its not loud but you can tell its there. I was wondering if anyone else has this monitor? and if they are all the same?

Basically I'm trying to ascertain if I should return it back for a replacement/repair?

Jpeg6785 10:48 04 Feb 2008

sorry the model is the HG216DP £146,00 inc vat.

lisa02 10:53 04 Feb 2008

How loud and how long have you had it?

I have a 19 inch HannsG HX191D on the kids PC. When I first started using it there was a buzz but it settled away to nothing.

Jpeg6785 11:00 04 Feb 2008

It's 1week old, its hard to explain exactly how loud, it's enough for you to know its there and possibly irritating if working with a low background noise and not what ive been used to with the two other smaller LCD's ive had. (HP and sonic)

Whilst on standby it dosent make it, its only when the screen is powered up.

peter99co 20:57 04 Feb 2008

Take it back and ask them to exchange it for one that does not buzz. or get them to tell you why it buzzes. I could be a fire risk if it is some transformer fault?

Jpeg6785 12:57 05 Feb 2008

Cheers for the advice, Ive not really ascertained if it is normal for these units or not, as they are quite cheap. But Ive retunrened it under DSR regs it was just within the 7days, and then i've reordered another one to see if it the same... The monitor is excellent , its just the humming.

Jpeg6785 23:03 12 Feb 2008

Hi,

Just an update, after returning the original one with the humming, I risked ordering another, it arrived used and opened obviously a returned item, when installed there was no humming but the screen was frozen and didnt function.

This was again returned to MISCO who assured me it wasnt thir policy to send out open box goods, and the customer services department were excellent and arranged for it to be collected.

The driver who collected said that he had loads of the same monitor on the van which he was collecting back for the same company and others (And indeed he did!!)

HANNSG appear to be very cheap, but in the long term I'm not sure if its worth it.

Bailey08787 16:52 20 Feb 2008

I bought this monitor and i'm very pleased with it.

a) It was cheap at £140
b) The screen is bright and colours are rich
c) No humming noises as you've experienced
d) I'm running a HDMI cable from the PS3 in the lounge to the monitor in my room - now when the other half wants to watch TV, I can play on the PS3 using my Hanns G - and it works a treat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone