A growl about Tiger

Kate B 17:09 04 May 2005

I know I'm not the only Mac user here, so a warning - if when you upgrade to Tiger (as I've done today) by choosing to wipe your hard drive and do a clean install, you will lose your iLife apps - they are not included with Tiger.

Grr, now I have to go and buy a copy of iLife 05 and the most irritating thing is that I only use iPhoto, and that only occasionally, if I take the iBook travelling.

Johnnie_M 21:36 04 May 2005

Kate, have you tried popping the application disc in from your panther discs? I know that the macs always need to have their applications reinstalled after even a format as the machines install them when you first boot up.

Kate B 12:43 05 May 2005

Yeah, I have tried that, Johnnie_M! It was the first thing I tried. The Apple message boards are full of people moaning about it ...

Apple is odd. Wonderful products and yet oddly mean in little ways - most of their computers only ship with 256MB of Ram, when OS X (whatever flavour) needs a half a meg to run properly; iPods these days don't come with the dock or remote; now this ...

powerless 16:41 05 May 2005

When Tiger was installed I popped in the Panther disk and: click here

ixxxx all working ok.

Kate B 16:50 05 May 2005

Hmm, I didn't get that option, Powerless. How annoying, still, I'm glad you managed to do it OK. How old is your Mac? Mine was bought about a year ago.

Been out and bought iLife now. Guess I can set it against tax, which is one good thing.

powerless 17:39 05 May 2005

Mac Mini - Few months old.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?